Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Jackson loves this frog....it makes noise when you walk by it and he always has to turn it on when he gets to Dada's house.....or Wichita Falls as he calls it.


mLike my new house shoes?
Kissing Co-Po's boo-boo
Sophie doing what she does best....snuggling!!
Jackson feeling better LATE Thanksgiving night
Ready to go watch everyone eat turkey
Talking to Mommy

We started off our Thanksgiving week with big plans, but come Thanksgiving morning they kind of got derailed when Jackson started throwing up. At first I thought it was just maybe a drainage throw-up, but 10 times later realized it was more than that. We had been staying at Ali's dad's house and decided that we would still all go to my parents for lunch. We just put movies on for Jackson and took turns loving on him. We were so THANKFUL for a family friend that is a pediatrician because he made a house call and ordered Jackson up some anti-nausea medicine and also reassured us that he was not dehydrated. I think Jack threw up something like 15-18 times on Thursday. That was my Jack's first time with the stomach bug, and it is not fun as the parent watching your poor baby throw up so many times. I still managed to skate by and not have laundry duty, thanks to Gi-Gi, or the laundromat as Fayyaz calls her. Luckily he started feeling better late that night but woke up to a horrible cough the next day. Ali was such a great daddy and nursed him back to good health because we were trying to keep Sophie far away and I have to feed her so I had baby duty. Ali was sweet letting Jack lay on him and waking him every five minutes to make sure he got fluids down him when he was so violently ill. Hopefully none of us come down with the bug.....especially Sophie.
The beginning of the week was fun for Jack because he got to play with Jason on Wednesday and they had fun just running around being silly. Jack also really liked trying to help Gigi cook and playing with "Co-Po" as he called Ayesha, who is supposed to be Po-Po....pronounced Poe-Poe.
Jackson also tried to pull a fast one on me, too bad I knew he was up to something. Wednesday morning Jack stayed at my parents house with my parents, grandparents and aunt while Sophie and I ran to get my hair cut. Well, Jack took full advantage and got donuts, coke, and some Hershey's kissed for a nice brunch while I was away. Later in the afternoon we were in the kitchen and Jack started pushing my legs and saying, "out Mommy"...."no mommy in kitchen" So I stood in the living room and listened as he asked my grandmother......"I need ice cream". Too bad for him I rushed in and stopped all the fun! But seriously, where do they learn to do things like that?
Sophie had a nice time being loved on and made over by all the family that had not met her yet. She is smiling more and starting to coo and "talk" to us. She really will smile for my mom and talk to her a lot. She also already has her daddy figured out. He has been talking big, saying we aren't going to hold her as much, she needs to tough it out, but all it takes is one look and he says, "It's just too hard" and picks her up! He is going to have to toughen up!
So besides Jackson's terrible sickness we did have a nice time home with the family! We always enjoy all the yummy food and spending time with everyone. It is nice that both of our families can get together at once and spend the day together. We are very thankful for them and our two great kids!

1 Comments:

Blogger BritSchmidt said...

poor Jackson.. Aniston was sick also on Thanksgiving day... but not this bad! It is awful to see them sick.. I hate it!!

December 10, 2008 at 3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home