Sophie's here!



So now we are a family of four! Sophia Farzana Mirza arrived at 12:57 p.m. on Thursday, October 2nd. I was induced because I had not been growing much and I was already 39 weeks, so they decided to go ahead and get her out. She came very quickly. They started me on pitocin at 9:30 and 3 hours later she was here. I almost did not get to have an epidural, but they gave me one and shot me with as much medicine as fast as they could. I went from a 5 to a 10 in about 10 minutes. We didn't think the doctor was going to make it, so my nurse got scrubbed in and was about to deliver. The doctor ran in and 3 contractions later our little girl was here. She was 6 lbs. 5 oz. and 19 inches long.
Jackson had mothers day out until 2 p.m. that day, so it worked out that he was entertained while I was in labor. He obviously could sense something was wrong because the teacher told my dad when he picked him up that Jackson had a tough day and didn't want to share anything. That's the first bad report we have had from school:) Poor guy! He came to see her immediatly after and really didn't care much for her, until she gave him a gift. Once he got the puzzle he thought she was worth at least looking at.
Two years old is rough to adjust I think. He is too little to really get it, but old enough to feel the difference. He had a tough time when I was at the hospital. He told everyone that mama moved. I guess he thought I just left him. Once we got home he finally relaxed and crashed out on the couch at 6 p.m. and slept until 8 am the next day. He has NEVER done that. I guess he hadn't been able to relax until Ali and I were back home.
He is slowly adjusting, and really likes all the attention he gets from all of the visitors. He might decide he wants to become a big brother again some day because he has received so many cool gifts!
Having two is definatly more time consuming. I thought having one was time consuming, but two takes it to a new level. No time for tivo during baby's nap time. There is a toddler to entertain!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home