Easter!
We traveled to WF for Easter weekend and had a good time visiting grandparents and seeing old friends. We got to have two nights out in a row plus an afternoon out doing adult things....which was so nice! We were pretty busy all weekend and Jack finally got the stomach bug that I think every kid in his MDO class got last week:( Yuck.....I have experienced things in the last two days that I hope to NEVER experience again!!!
Since we got bit by the bug, we did not get to take the kids to church on Sunday, Ali stayed home with them.....so there are no cute Easter pics. I did dress Sophie up in her dress and took her to see Lyndsay again before she left to go back to NC. Somehow I didn't get a picture though. Poor Jack had been wanting to put on his Easter Egg pants for so long. That's what he would say when he would see them in the closet.....I think when we bought them I told them that he would wear these on Easter Sunday!
We did have a good time but were EXHAUSTED when we returned......Sophie was so congested she did not sleep well either night and Jack had the stomach bug so Ali (Mr. Mom) was up all night worried/checking on him. We each took a kid and a room over the weekend....it is just easier that way right now. Good thing both kids slept great for us last night because we all needed the sleep. How did I not even get a picture of the kids with their Easter baskets???? I guess we were videoing and it was early.....remember the no sleep thing? Oh yeah, Sophie said mama for the first time. Total flook, but she is BARELY beginning to say the ma sound. Funny because I think Jack took ages to get that sound. Who knows she may not come back to it for a while, but we'll see.
Jack was thrilled to dye the Eggs!







I don't know why I can't get text to add by the pics...but you'll notice Sophie got her first bath in the big bath tub and her playing with Scarletts old bouncy seat at Gigi's which she LOVES, Jackson playing with Granddad in UNDIES......yes no diapers (well except when we have to go poo.....one thing at a time!) Jason came over for Easter lunch and an indoor Easter egg hunt, and to reinforce the exhaustion thing I threw in the pic. from today when Jack was in his Christmas pj's and rainboots "Feeding the little birdies seaweed"
Since we got bit by the bug, we did not get to take the kids to church on Sunday, Ali stayed home with them.....so there are no cute Easter pics. I did dress Sophie up in her dress and took her to see Lyndsay again before she left to go back to NC. Somehow I didn't get a picture though. Poor Jack had been wanting to put on his Easter Egg pants for so long. That's what he would say when he would see them in the closet.....I think when we bought them I told them that he would wear these on Easter Sunday!
We did have a good time but were EXHAUSTED when we returned......Sophie was so congested she did not sleep well either night and Jack had the stomach bug so Ali (Mr. Mom) was up all night worried/checking on him. We each took a kid and a room over the weekend....it is just easier that way right now. Good thing both kids slept great for us last night because we all needed the sleep. How did I not even get a picture of the kids with their Easter baskets???? I guess we were videoing and it was early.....remember the no sleep thing? Oh yeah, Sophie said mama for the first time. Total flook, but she is BARELY beginning to say the ma sound. Funny because I think Jack took ages to get that sound. Who knows she may not come back to it for a while, but we'll see.
I don't know why I can't get text to add by the pics...but you'll notice Sophie got her first bath in the big bath tub and her playing with Scarletts old bouncy seat at Gigi's which she LOVES, Jackson playing with Granddad in UNDIES......yes no diapers (well except when we have to go poo.....one thing at a time!) Jason came over for Easter lunch and an indoor Easter egg hunt, and to reinforce the exhaustion thing I threw in the pic. from today when Jack was in his Christmas pj's and rainboots "Feeding the little birdies seaweed"


3 Comments:
OMG! They are getting so BIG! Jackson's not wearing diapers! He looks so sweet next to his easter eggs and sophie just gets cuter by the second!
Love the rain boots!! Your babys are getting so big Hayley!! We really need to see eachother- I want to see those two before they are teenagers:)
How fun! John told me to say 'hello' to you and your husband! Your kiddos are ADORABLE, and I just love the names: Jackson and Sophie. It sounds like Jackson and Ella are about the same age (born August 2006). Your blog is precious!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home