Monday, March 30, 2009

Home Alone!!




*This post was from the end of March, but never got posted for some reason!!

Ali went out of town for the weekend and the kids and I stayed in Dallas. I know that seems normal to most people, but it's a big deal for me to stay by in Dallas without any other adult. I'm a bit of a scardy cat. I decided to do it and be a little productive. It was cold and I knew it would be the perfect time for me to hole up at home and try to get some things done.
I started Sophie on solid foods and it went as expected. Unsure, but seemed to do okay. She wasn't too crazy about sweet potatoes so I switched her to carrots and that seems to be going better. We'll switch it up and do something crazy like give her green beans tomorrow:) She also sat in the high chair for the first time at lunch on Sunday and in the grocery cart at Target. I have been in denial that she needs to do these things because it is just so easy to carry the carrier and plop it in the cart, sling, etc.
The biggest accomplishment of the weekend is I started the DREADED and I mean DREADED task of potty training Jackson. Friday, not great, but not terrible. Saturday, I thought I might throw in the towel, but my mom kept reminding me that I HAD to stick with it. Sunday was better, but today was GREAT!!! No accident and he went #2 and told me he had to do it, rather than my prompting him to go and try. So after I knew we were in the clear of any major, well hopefully, accident happen I got brave and took the kids to Target with Jackson sans diaper! Happy to report there was no accident and he had a drink while we were there and made it a whole hour and a half. I know it might seem long for the first outing, but any other girl can tell you that Target is the black hole for time and money.....it all disappears in there. Tomorrow is the true test because he is going to MDO with his undies. I have to say the undies are the cutest thing! My method was bribery......matchbox cars and the ultimate, hence the trip to Target, a new big rig if you go #2! Seems to be working and I think now he might be over the needing a treat, but we shall see. He may have also swindled me into a Marvel comics tee while we were there.
I seemed to do all this change in my kids life over the weekend.....why didn't I do some in my own? Like start exercising????:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home